26 June 2008

Brothers

(Jenna (my sons' biological fathers' sister (raised her like a daughter, Justin, and my boy)

I am so proud of my son, for not only completing his freshman year in an IB program in high school but for also being a caring, wonderful young man.

Today he is meeting his half brother for the second time in his life (His biological fathers’ older son). The first time was 2 weeks ago. His older brother is 3 years older and bit more world wise. I worry as a parent but at the same time I am so happy to see him spread his wings of independence. I hope this relationship is a good one. I have to be patient and have faith in my child as well as his brother.

3 comments:

The Vegas Art Guy said...

I'm glad he's meeting more of his family, as long as his half brother is a good influence and not a bad one. Otherwise you're going to have to put serious limits on their contact. You are judged by the company you keep, unless you're Obama of course!

Bats in the Belfry said...

That reminds me of one of my favorite quotes from George Washington:
"A man is not known for the company he keeps, but for the company in which he is kept out of".

As for the brother, he seems like a sweet kid. I'll still keep my mom-eagle-eye out.

The Vegas Art Guy said...

And that's why your kids are in good hands. ;)