21 March 2008

Last Day of Spring Break

The last 2 days prior to Spring break were insane to say the least. The weather was beautiful to add to the mix. I write this as I am looking out of my window watching up to 9 inches accumulate outside.

On Thursday I broke up 2 fights with 2 different sets of boys and on Friday I broke up a girl fight of my own homeroom. Happy to be able to leave and begin a weeks worth of grading, I managed to get all the way to my car with all of my bags when I noticed a fight with 2 other girls from one of my 7th grade classes. I dropped my things, had my 2 of my students watch my bags, break up the fight, and managed to bring one of the girls to the Principal, explain what I saw, and leave for my break.

Now I am on my last day, with lesson plans to write, laundry to do, grades to enter, grocery shopping to do, and an apartment to clean. I have done nothing but work but feel even more behind than ever. The only thing I actually did for myself this whole week was go to lunch with my BF and some friends from the company I worked at before teaching, and managed to get my eyebrows threaded just before. That was the first time in 2 years I've had the chance to have it done professionally. My silly plan of actually having time to work on something for myself was a dream. Guess that work will have to wait until summer vacation. Oh, wait, they decided to go with year round school this year. What summer vacation?

No comments: