09 March 2008

Last Saturday School......Till Next ISAT

Yesterday was the Saturday school for me, Hazzah! Only 3 students showed up for class. They were probably thinking the same thing that I was, ISAT's are over why have class? Since it was such a small class I thought it would be quiet. My usual "difficult case" was not there so the constant disruption would be gone. Silly me. One boy who is normally quiet decided to take his place. He was bouncing off of the walls for the entire 3.5 hours! I had him at one point do some jumping jacks to get some of the energy out of him. I swear, he must have eaten an entire box of CapNCrunch before he came to school.

With ISAT's over I didn't feel like putting them through drills of extended responses. Instead we played a version of Jeopardy. It was actually a lot of fun. Except for my bouncing off the walls boy. He just couldn't focus to save his life. Being a parent of a child with ADD/ADHD all I could see was what my child looked like in 7th grade without meds.

All I have to say is, one more week till Spring Break!

No comments: