30 August 2010

Horrible job market

This has been a horrible time to find a job. I have been going crazy looking for a job. I have given up the dream of teaching and have gone back to searching for jobs I've done before and also ones I am capable of doing. The latest craze among employers is to not even consider someone who doesn't already have a job. That is insane. People who already have jobs HAVE a JOB. The people unemployed are the ones really hurting for one. I am getting really scared about this job situation. It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have student loans I was still paying off or a child entering his final year of high school. We could probably manage better. It seems every month I am deciding which bill can be paid late. Waiting for the final notice until sending in a payment. That has never been me. I was the one who had their bills paid on time and early. Now it's not even hand to mouth.

I have to just keep my mood positive that we can get through this.  I have never felt so unsure about having a place to live or food on the table in my life. Even when I was working 2 or 3 minimum wage jobs in my youth. I am scared.

No comments: