07 December 2006

Here I Am Again........

Why can't new music fill me with life as the excellent music of my generation and before. I swear, I can listen to almost any type of music from classical to punk and have more than indifference. I know there has to be music out there but I have not had the chance to sit and just listen to music in what feels like years.

It is probably just the exhaustion talking. I just hear the stuff my best friend listens to and can't see the same passion that she does for these new groups. They are cookie cutter, like a lot of my beloved music of the 80's. I hear no slap you in the face and make you turn up the dial kind of music like Elvis Costello, R.E.M, U2, and Pete Townsend. Maybe I've just grown cynical as I grow closer to my 40's but I would really like to be smacked in the face by something new...

No comments: