15 September 2011

On this day 21 years ago...

On this day, 21 years ago, I was sitting in the basement of my then fiances' parents house drinking a shot of tequila my ex's father poured for us, complete with worm. It was to celebrate his 21st Birthday. It was horrible and the taste stayed in my mouth for hours afterward. 

On this day, 21 years ago, I gave the man I thought I was going to spend the rest of my life with a gold pocket watch (which he had wanted for years, a  box of cigarillos and a bottle of tequila. 

On this day, 21 years ago,my future was all laid out and planned. I was a year away from marriage (or so I thought) and the life of a wife of a Lutheran Minister or a Chicago Police Officer. Which ever career he chose.


On this day, 21 years ago, I had hopes, dreams and goals for a happy life. How did so many years pass?


Happy Birthday A.K.. I hope the life you chose still makes you happy.

No comments: